Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 1: What does beauty mean to you?

Beautiful

1. having qualities that give great pleasure or satisfaction to see, hear, think about, etc.; delighting the senses or mind

Given that definition, here are a few things that give me great pleasure and satisfaction to see, hear, and think about...







My daughter's sweet smile and infectious laugh. Beauty at its best. :) I think the innocence of a child is one of the most beautiful things on this planet.





Sunrises and sunsets. I think I should just have a category called "nature" since there's so much in nature that is beautiful, but this is one of my favorites.










Flowers - there's just something amazingly beautiful about the sheer number of flowers in the world and how each variety is unique.









Friendship and Community - bearing each others burdens, encouraging strengths, and living with weaknesses. It's a beautiful thing when you find people who simply accept you for you.









Attention to detail - Whether it's a carefully designed cupcake, ornate architecture, or a beautifully designed room, beauty, to me, means taking time for and noticing the little things.

No comments: